cooking time 15 mins
Optional (if veganism really isn't for you) Iceland's smoked haddock fillets
optional (to replace rice- for a higher protein, healthier option) Iceland's 500g Quinoa
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 tsp coriander
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
1. if you are looking to have smoked haddock with the kedgeree, pre heat your oven to 220 deg. Place the Iceland's smoked haddock fillets (I recommend 1 fillet per person) on an oven try, cover with 1tsp group coriander and a squeeze of lemon. bake for 15 mins.
2. Fry 1 finely diced onion in 1 tbsp coconut oil on a high heat until light golden in colour
3. add all spices to the wok, covering the onion and continually stirring
4. add two bags of Iceland's white rice steam bags
(or Iceland's 500g Quinoa if you prefer)
5. continually stir on a high heat, covering the rice in the herbs and spices
6. squeeze 1/2 lemon into the wok and stir while lowering the wok heat. place the lid on the wok and continue to cook for 5mins on a lower heat, intermittently tossing the kedgeree to ensure the rice doesn't burn.
7. After 5 mins, add Iceland's multi greens rice steam bags and toss in the wok, mixing well. fry in the wok for a further 3-5 mins
8. Optional step if serving with haddock
Remove the haddock from the oven after 15 mins of baking and flat on top of the kedgeree
9. Sprinkle 1 Tbsp freshly chopped coriander on top before mixing the kedgeree
10. Dish up the kedgeree, garnished with a sprinkle of coriander and wedge of lemon
There it is! Your delicious, simple and super filling kedgeree.
X Love Lilly X