Cooking Time: 30 mins
Wild grain rice
Corn on the cob
Quinoa and rice
1. Measure 1 cup of quinoa to 2 cups of water
2. Measure 2 cups wild grain rice to 4 cups of water
3. Add a vegetable stock cube to boiling water
4. Place quinoa and wild rice into seperate saucepans. Cover with the water and bring to the boil, adding a pinch of salt and pepper
5. Bring to simmer for 15 minutes as the rice and quinoa cook, intermittently stirring both.
6. Test texture after 15 mins and continue to simmer or drain.
1. Boil the potatoes for 15 mins in a pan
2. Drain and cut in half before seasoning with plenty of mint, oil and lemon juice
3. Mix the potatoes with your hands, until they are slightly crumbly
1. Cook prawns by placing 1Tbsp coconut oil to a griddle pan
2. Cook prawns by seasoning with 1-2 Tbsp Cajun spice, 1 Tbsp chilli flakes and a squeeze of lemon
3. Cook for 8-10 mins, season in the pan with coriander
4. Boil both green beans and corn on the cob for approx. 8 mins
1. Prepare the salad by chopping cabbage, kale, avocado and cherry tomatoes
2. Dress with 2Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, ½ lemon squeezed, and a crack of Himalayan sea salt
3. Use your hands to mix the salad
4 Grate the carrot onto the salad
Drain and mix the quinoa and wild rice before plating up the dish.
Load the prawns on top of the rice and quinoa, with the slad and vegetables on the side
I hope you enjoy this delicious dish as much as i did xx